Saturday, April 23, 2011

T minus 29 Hours and Counting

The beginning of the SCMS DC Tour: 2011 Edition is now just hours away. I've spent most of today making final preparations and answering questions from students and parents. What to wear? What to pack? And so on, and so on.

But what about . . .?
The best answer to most of the question is: Use common sense. If those shorts would be inappropriate for school, then they're probably inappropriate for the trip. I've got a weather widget over there on the right column of this page. As you can see if you click on the 10-day forecast link, you'll probably want to plan for some hot, some cool, and, unfortunately, a little wet weather.

Keeping Up-to-Date
Parents wanting to keep up-to-date with what we are doing in DC have a couple of options this year. I'll be posting pics and news throughout each day on Facebook and right here on this blog. I'll do my end of day wrap-up, including a slide show of the days pics, here on the blog. I will not be posting news and pics this year on the Washington Trip page on my class website.

Need to get in touch?
While you are more than welcome to post comments on any blog post, do not use a blog comment to try and contact me during the trip. Call, text, or message me on Facebook if you need to a timely response. My phone number is (850) 509-7032.

Don't be late!
I look forward to seeing everyone Monday morning at 4:30am. Please do not be late. We'll meet in the cafeteria for baggage check and final announcements before departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment